Unified Payments Interface – UPI is an instant payment system that helps users to transfer money directly from their bank account to the recipient’s bank account in a few seconds through Apps like BHIM, Paytm, Google Pay, etc. This platform helps you to do cashless and cardless bank transfers. It was developed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and controlled by the Reserve Bank of India RBI.UPI transactions are processed by virtual payout (VPA) or UPI ID.
How to Create UPI ID
If you want to create a UPI ID in the BHIM app, then follow some simple steps given below.
- Install the BHIM app or any other app that supports UPI payments on your mobile phone.
- Select your preferred language on the BHIM app.
- Verify your mobile number and after verification, you need to select your bank account when you select your bank account the app automatically fetches all information of your bank account like bank name, account number, etc.
- When you link your bank account then it will ask you to enter a 4-digit or 6-digit pin to make your UPI id secure and this will help you to make transactions easily.
- Done your UPI id was successfully created.
Once your UPI id is created, you can check your bank balance, transfer money, receive money, pay bills, etc. in a few seconds by using UPI ID.
Create UPI ID using *99#
Follow these simple steps to create a UPI id by dialing *99# on your phone.
- Goto your dial pad on your phone.
- Dial or call *99# on your phone
- Select your preferred language in the list.
- Enter your bank name or the first four digits of your IFSC.
- Select your bank account
- Enter the last 6 digits of your debit card and the expiry date of your card.
- Setup your UPI pin
- Confirm your UPI pin
- Done your UPI ID is created.
Top UPI Wallets
This is a list of top UPI wallets in which you can create your UPI ID and do money transfers, receive money, bill payment, and many more, and after doing any payment you will get more cashback and offers in these wallets.
- Google Pay(GPAY)
- Amazon Pay